Range extender repeats the wireless signal from your wireless router in order to expand its coverage. The range extender captures the wifi from the router and rebroadcasts it to the area where the signal of wifi is poor or completely non-existent. The extenders boost the existing wireless signal beyond its usual coverage and also enhance the experience with wifi. To bring dead zones to life and end the mystery, these wireless extenders are the simple and economical way.
How and where to find the hardware version of extender?
If you have a range extender and you want to find the hardware version of extender, use the label of the device to find it. For most of the extenders finding the hardware version and other information is very easy.
The hardware version, serial version, MAC address and the model number of the extender is usually located on the label at the back side of the extender itself. The hardware version of extender is permanent and cannot be changed or upgraded.
Where to find the Firmware version of extender?
The firmware version of extender can be upgraded with time to time. To find the firmware version, follow the below given steps:
- Login to the home page of your wireless extender by entering its default IP address into the address bar of the web browser. Then, type the default username and password of the extender into their respective fields. Press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Once you are logged in to your wireless extender settings page, locate the ‘Device’ from the main menu. Then, click on the option ‘Firmware Update.’ Check the firmware version of your extender from there.
How to upgrade the firmware version of extender?
To upgrade the firmware version of your extender, follow these below-given steps:
- Login to your extender’s web management page by typing the default IP address of your extender into the address bar of any web browser. On the login page, enter the default username and password of extender. Then, press the ‘Enter’ key to move forward.
- Once you are logged in, from the main menu locate the ‘Device’ After that, click on the ‘Firmware Update.’
- Now, click on the option ‘Browse’ to choose the firmware file.
- Then, click on the ‘Upgrade’ option.
- Once the upgrade is finished the device will reboot automatically.
- Double check if the firmware of your extender has been upgraded or not.
The firmware version of extender can be upgraded where as the hardware version of extender cannot be upgraded and it is permanent. You can find the hardware version and firmware version by following the steps given above. But if you failed to find them then you can contact us at our toll-free number or you can also mail us your query. We have a team of technical experts to help and assist you.